Saturday, May 8, 2010

Salon Sessions Shoot



Every year Salon Sessions in Pasadena, Ca. has a competition within its salon. Salon stylists are divided into teams and given the task to organize and execute a photo shoot. This year I was given a chance to showcase my photography skills along side the talented Danielle and Stephanie of team 7. Danielle and Stephanie's idea was to create head shots that focused on the styling and texture of their models hair. They also created a neck piece made of entirely of soda can tabs and under the lights & beauty of the models, it looked like one expensive piece of jewelery. The shoot took about 5/6hrs and in the end everybody's hard paid off. Yesterday, Salon Sessions had a viewing party yesterday and though we didn't win first place, we did nail second place!

As with so many things in life, it was great learning experience and I've already noted what I can do to make things better for next time. I had a great time working with everyone, stylists, models and mua. Hopefully, I can be part of this talented team next year.

Big thanks to Danielle, Stephanie and Salon Sessions for letting me take part in your competition.

Salon Sessions

No comments: