Monday, March 24, 2008

Film School - Spaceland Silverlake


I recently heard Film School on woxy.com and was stoked when I found they were playing a local gig. Come Thursday evening I was off to Spaceland to catch their show. If you haven't been to Spaceland it's a great little venue with intimate stage, full bar, pool tables and even vintage video games. Film School was accompanied by two other bands Airiel and Famous Amos. With the exception of security telling me there was no flash allowed the night went on pretty damn well. Stella was on tap, the bands rocked and I even had a chance to chat with Dave of Film School. Like the rest of the band Dave seemed like a really laid back guy and didn't mind spending a moment with a new fan, cheers Dave. My only regret of the night is I wish I would have brought a faster lens to deal with the low light/no flash situation but I'm hoping to catch them next time around. Next time I promise better pix.

I highly recommend any three of the bands next time they're around your neck of the woods.
Film School - great sound, awesome attitude, can't wait to see them again.
Airiel - not much on stage performance BUT their music is good.
Famous Amos - they rocked! don't know what else to say.

www.filmschoolmusic.com
www.airiel.com

No comments: